Line Locating Assistant
Line Locating Assistant
Are you a positive, energetic individual that enjoys a challenge and the opportunity to learn each day? Maybe you have prior line locating experience? Or you have no line locating experience but think that you have what it takes to join our industry! We are searching for people like you to become part of our team as a Line Locating Assistant! Must be able to work out of town and throughout B.C., AB & Saskatchewan.
As a Line Locating Assistant, you will assist your Crew Chief in all aspects of locating underground utilities, including marking and staking of the designated area.
As a Locator Assistant, you play a very important role in our operations. Primarily, you ensure that a job goes smoothly and efficiently by assisting the Locate Technician in buried facility and pipeline locating. You perform whatever is needed to be done to meet and exceed our client’s needs. You are committed to representing 3-D Line Locating in a highly professional manner at all times and you take responsibility for the work you perform.
- You act as an ambassador of 3-D Line Locating both on and off work premises and work sites.
- You contribute to a positive work environment at all times.
- Your continuous assistance to the Locate Technician in pipeline locating and marking of all buried facilities on a daily basis, following 3-D Line Locating’s Best Practices is a very important aspect of your job.
- You are often required to work out of town throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and BC for various lengths of time dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You must enjoy working out of town for long periods.
- Your working hours range dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You may be required to work overtime. Overtime after 8 Hours
- You work outdoors in the elements on a daily basis.
- Your ability to drive UTV’s is required on various projects.
- You walk long distances on a daily basis through various weather conditions. Averages between 5-20 km per day.
- You have experience and knowledge in the Oilfield Industry.
- You have general computer knowledge/skill including MS Office.
- You possess a valid AB Driver’s License and a clean 3-year driver’s abstract.
- You show strong commitment to safety performance and a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- You can pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- You are a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- You have the ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- You are able to work in a changing and varied work schedule.
- You enjoy working outdoors.
- You are able to work out of town and throughout B.C., AB & Saskatchewan
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A responsible individual that is ready, willing and able to come to work each day
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors
- Is physically able to walk long distances and carry up to 50 lbs (on occasion)
- Can complete repetitive tasks
- Can be flexible with their schedule including being able to travel out of town for up to 21 consecutive days
- Is comfortable learning new skills
- Is professional and has good communication skills
- Holds the following safety tickets (considered an asset):
- H₂S Alive
- First Aid
If your career goals include working for a dynamic growing company who focuses on quality, excellence and customer service, while developing and recognizing the value of its employees than 3-D Line Locating Ltd. may be the place for you! We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive, benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$24.00 per hour
Please apply in confidence with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
**No Phone Calls Please**