Line Locating Technician
Line Locating Technician
Are you a positive, energetic individual that enjoys a challenge and the opportunity to learn each day? Do you have senior level experience as a Pipeline & Utility Locator? We are searching for people like you to become part of our team as a Locate Technician! Must be able to work out of town and throughout B.C., AB & Saskatchewan.
As a Crew Chief, you play a pivotal role in our operations. By excellent management of your crew and an appropriate level of communication with our clients, management, and other staff members, you ensure that the client is more than satisfied with our services. You perform whatever work is needed to be done to meet and exceed our client’s needs. You are committed to representing 3-D Line locating in a highly professional manner at all times and you take responsibility for the work you perform.
- Client satisfaction is what keeps us in business and you are integral to meeting and exceeding their expectations of 3-D.
- You always show up to the job site prepared, on time, and ready to work.
- Being on time is critical to you and you always make sure your crew leaves for the job site with extra time. This may involve using mapping software.
- You are an excellent communicator with our clients. Upon arrival to the job site, you immediately touch base with our client to better understand the project, work area location(s) and inform them of all results and estimated completion time.
- You take pride in your accuracy. Therefore, you complete your locating duties accurately and efficiently based on the pre-job/project information on a consistent basis.
- You follow 3-D Line Locating’s Staking/Flagging Instructions because you believe in a job well done.
- You effectively and efficiently create detailed maps of work areas located, using the appropriate software (TurboCAD 17 Pro), report and explain the information when needed to the client, the locator, or management.
- Completing all required paperwork efficiently and accurately on a daily basis and submitting it to the client and office daily is an important aspect of your job (i.e. field time tickets, drawings, job specific paperwork.)
- You take personal responsibility for the work of your crew.
- You act as an ambassador of 3-D Line Locating both on and off work premises and work sites.
- You contribute to a positive work environment at all times.
- Training a locator is an important part of your job. You take it seriously and understand that you and the locator are a team. You also answer all questions the locator asks you in a professional manner.
- You are responsible for ensuring work vehicles are equipped with ample supplies and equipment to perform your scheduled jobs/projects.
- You are responsible for the safe and appropriate use of for all equipment that is currently signed out to you (i.e. company vehicles, UTV’s locators GPS’s etc.)
- Complying and participating in all requirements that the office staff ask or needs of you in a timely manner is one of your responsibilities. (i.e. Orientations, on-line-courses, employee information requested etc.)
- Your working hours range dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You may be required to work overtime.
- You are often required to work out of town throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and BC for various lengths of time dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You work outdoors in the elements on a daily basis.
- Your ability to drive UTV’s is required on various projects.
- You walk long distances on a daily basis through various weather conditions. Averages between 5-20 km per day.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in related pipeline and utility locating.
- You have experience in satellite, battery, lease sites and right-of-ways
- You have general computer knowledge/skill including MS Office.
- Computer drawing skills are required although training will be provided for our related software programs.
- You have supervisory experience; ability to supervise your crew and manage the workload.
- You are comfortable and able to work well without direct supervision.
- You possess a valid AB Driver’s License and a clean 3-year driver’s abstract.
- You show strong commitment to safety performance and a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- You can pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- You are able to navigate using mapping software and legal site descriptions.
- You are a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- You have the ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- You are able to work in a changing and varied work schedule.
- You enjoy working outdoors and able to travel.
- You are able to work out of town and throughout B.C., AB & Saskatchewan
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A responsible individual that is ready, willing and able to come to work each day
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors
- Is physically able to walk long distances and carry up to 50 lbs (on occasion)
- Can complete repetitive tasks
- Can be flexible with their schedule including being able to travel out of town for up to 21 consecutive days
- Is comfortable learning new skills
- Is professional and has good communication skills
- Holds the following safety tickets (considered an asset):
- H₂S Alive
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Transmission Advanced Line Locator Certification
If your career goals include working for a dynamic growing company who focuses on quality, excellence and customer service, while developing and recognizing the value of its employees than 3-D Line Locating Ltd. may be the place for you! We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive, benefit package.
Please apply in confidence with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
**No Phone Calls Please**