Experienced Hydrovac Operator
Are you a positive, energetic individual that enjoys a challenge and the opportunity to learn each day? Are you a seasoned Hydrovac Operator? We are searching for people like you to become part of our team!
Our operators are responsible to operate and maintain our equipment in a professional manner and must not only meet but exceed our client’s needs. You must be committed to represent 3-D Line Locating and its values in a highly professional manner at all times
- Client satisfaction is what keeps us in business and you contribute to this in several ways:
- You always show up to the job site prepared, on time, and ready to work.
- You are an excellent communicator with our clients whenever opportunity presents itself by communicating knowledge of the project.
- You act as an ambassador of 3-D Line Locating both on and off work premises and work sites.
- You contribute to a positive work environment at all times.
- Your continuous support following 3-D Line Locating’s Best Practices is a very important aspect of your job.
- Your preparation also includes equipping the hydrovac unit daily with ample supplies and equipment to perform your scheduled jobs/projects.
- Complying and participating in all requirements that the office staff ask or needs of you in a timely manner is one of your responsibilities. (i.e. Orientations, on-line-courses, employee information requested etc.)
- At the end of each work day, you call in to management to communicate your day/jobs completed and receive your next day’s assignment.
- You are responsible for keeping the hydrovac clean at all times.
- Safety is always your number one priority and being prepared with proper personal protective equipment for the job at hand and being ready for all weather conditions is your priority.
- You pay attention to location of work site and surroundings. In case of emergency, you know where to direct help.
- You ensure the office is aware of your travels throughout the day. Journey Management calls for each crew to place calls to the office when leaving one worksite to the other. When travelling long distances or working alone, call ins to the office are to be no later than 3 hours apart until arrival at destination.
- Alert the office in any changes in scheduling.
- You have familiarized yourself with the company’s Health & Safety Policy Manual & Procedures. You are able to enact these policies and procedures when required.
- You participate in completing daily Hazard Assessments, safety meetings and show a commitment to the Health & Safety Program.
- You report all near misses, incidents, accidents, and unsafe work conditions.
- Prior to leaving and/or arriving at the work site, you complete a vehicle Inspection.
- You maintain all safety courses and keep hard copies of these tickets on yourself while working on the various work sites.
- Must adhere to strict company policy on clean shaven for work at all times
- Your working hours range dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You may be required to work overtime. Overtime after 8 Hours
- You are often required to work out of town throughout Alberta for various lengths of time dependent on the job/project at present time.
- You work outdoors in the elements on a daily basis.
- Operating/driving our hydrovc unit(s) on a daily basis.
- You must operate our hydrovac units in a professional manner at ALL times.
- You have a minimum of 5 experience and knowledge in operating Hydrovac
- You possess a valid AB Driver’s License Class 3 or 1 and a clean 5-year driver’s abstract.
- You show strong commitment to safety performance and a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- You can pass a pre-Employment Drug Screening.
- You are a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- You have the ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- You are able to work in a changing and varied work schedule.
- You enjoy working outdoors.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A responsible individual that is ready, willing and able to come to work each day
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors
- Fit for Duty
- Can complete repetitive tasks
- Can be flexible with their schedule including being able to travel out of town for up to 21 consecutive days
- Is professional and has good communication skills
- Holds the following safety tickets (considered an asset):
- H₂S Alive
- First Aid
- Ground Disturbance Level 2
- Confined Space
- Fall Arrest
- Valid AB Driver’s License Class 3 or 1 and a clean 5-year driver’s abstract.
If your career goals include working for a dynamic growing company who focuses on quality, excellence and customer service, while developing and recognizing the value of its employees than 3-D Line Locating Ltd. may be the place for you! We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive, Employer paid benefit package after passing your 3 month probationary period successfully.
Please apply in confidence with your cover letter and resume to:
**No Phone Calls Please**